Tuesday, June 19, 2012

PTI Monochromatic Cow Birthday Card

I'm going to add this to the Moxie Fab Gingham Challenge since it's still open. Click here to join in all the fun!

Recently, I ordered a few Papertrey Ink stamp sets and dies. I really love their stamps and I just couldn't resist this new set called On the Farm. My grandparents had a farm with cows and pigs and this set reminds me of the family farm in Clover, SC. I'm entering this card into the PTI Make It Monday Challenge. It's my first time participating in this challenge. The challenge this week is to include a bordered, masked sentiment. I watched the video they have on the site by Betsy Veldman that shows how to do this technique.

If you follow my blog you know I'm not much of a "masker" so this was a challenge for me. I die cut the PTI banner die on some mask paper that I have and have never used. I put the banner on the card and stamped over it. It wasn't too hard and I was happy to finally use my mask paper. I had the idea to stamp some brown cows in rows and the stamps made excellent images - I'm very happy with  their quality. Thanks for stopping by!!

Materials
1. Card stock - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
2. Gingham Paper (A Muse Studio)
3. Stamps - On the Farm (PTI)
4. Die - banner (PTI)
5. Ink - Rich Cocoa (Memento)
6. Marker - Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
7. Mask Paper (Inkadinkado)

17 comments:

  1. Love the herd of cows you created to go along with that sentiment! Great job getting those solid stamps to ink up so evenly, they must be good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute Donna! Love the monochromatic look and the gingham mat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just wonderful - and your masking is perfect. love the combo of the gingham and ze cows! so cute. and i have to say, your Corgi Dusty is absolutely precious! what a face :-) (and those ears! how cute are they!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly lovely, Donna! The monochromatic theme works so beautiful in this! The sentiment is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! Found you through the Moxie Fab Blog Roll today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the graphic image to match the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card. Love the die cut masking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greeting cards for every occasion - birthday cards, anniversary, holiday greeting cards, love, thank you, and invitations.greeting cards online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The masking looks awesome and I so love this card!!! Oh cows just make me happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love it!! Great monochromatic design and fun pun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great bold card, you did great masking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great design. Love the CAS style of this...great guy card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna, Your card is really sweet. You say you're not much of a masker, but I think it turned out great! I haven't tried my hand at this technique yet but I SO love all things PTI, so thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try.

    Blessings,
    Karen
    P.S. I have some sweet blog candy on my blog at:
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greeting Cards are always special for all occasions.Thanks for posting images.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.