Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Prima Paper Doll Canvas

I bought some of the Prima Paper Doll stamps a few months ago and this is the first time I've used one. I've been watching lots of mixed media canvas tutorials lately and I really wanted to try out some of the techniques I've seen on a canvas.

I covered this canvas with tissue paper from Christy Tomlinson, who is one of my favorite mixed media artists. Then I sprayed with Raspberry and Cornflower ink sprays that I made using Color Box reindeers. I loved that when the sprays spread out they made purple areas. Then I added some washi tapes and stamped in Raspberry, Cornflower and Black inks with different background stamps. I added some different Distress Paints on the edges of the front and on the side.

I colored the girl with Copic markers and added details and outlined her with Black Big Stampers Pens.  Adhered the girl with Modge Podge and the wings with Glitter Modge Podge although you can't really see how sparkly they are in person. I also added some purple pearls and a gold sparkly bow to her.

I added these cute glittery hearts on sticks that I thought looked like flowers to the bottom left corner. Then I looked around for something green like leaves and I saw these pompoms and thought, why not? They might not be leafy, but they are green. I printed out the words and cut them and outlined them. Finally I added some blue glittery start at random around the canvas.

This might not be my most favorite thing I've ever made, but it was so much fun to make and I can't wait to experiment with more canvases in the near future!! Thanks for stopping by!!


4 comments:

  1. What a great project and I just love the stamp and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look with the mixed media, so totally out of my comfort zone, you go GF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is lovely the whole canvas is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't know if I will ever be able to do this well, but I love every inch of it. I think the BG is awesome and the heart sticks are perfect for your Prima doll! Love that cutie blow!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments.